My first Bible arrived in the mail two days ago.
Until that point, it hadn’t occurred to me that I had never acquired my own Bible. Growing up, we had the family Bible, but eventually I left home to begin my life in the world.
Along with my Bible, I decided to also get a Bible study guide; it was obvious I have much to learn.
Being a 26-year-old single Catholic woman with a newly-gained fascination with theology and apologetics, I am grateful for this Lent, a season when I am inching my way closer and closer to our Lord through the Eucharist and through Scripture.
What better way for me to increase my proximity to the Lord Almighty God this Lent than daily Mass and Eucharist? How blessed are we as Catholics to have the privilege to stand in front of the actual Body of Christ? To eat His flesh as He instructed us to do so?
Jesus tells us in John 6:35: “I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me will never hunger, and whoever believes in me will never thirst.”
The way to the bread of life is the Catholic Church, and through this Church we have the opportunity to be truly and completely forgiven of all of sins. We are given the chance to repent and start anew.
If that’s not unconditional love, I do not know what is.
For once I feel my life single is a blessing, as my heart and soul are focused on inviting the Holy Spirit to lead me down the path chosen for me. I feel at peace with God’s plan for me, even though I do not yet know it.
Reflection question: Are you following the Holy Spirit’s lead?
Read more Lenten reflections written by CatholicMatch members:
- Day 26 – Craig-88457: ‘One Of Those Moments That Lasts Lifetime’
- Day 25 – Angela-394784: ‘Keep Doing What You’re Doing’
- Day 24 – Elizabeth-521570: ‘Pleading With God: Why Am I Still Single?’
- Day 23 – Dan-139782: ‘I’m Rolling With The Dating Disappointments’
- Day 22 – Judith-575655: ‘Dating Seems Like Its Own Form Of Penance’
- Day 21 – Jaime-361203: ‘I Want To Seek First The Kingdom Of God’
- Day 20 – Diane-173836: ‘Single Life Is Not A Barren Spiritual Desert’
- Day 19 – Michelle-629774: ‘Let Us Fast From Comparisons’
- Day 18 – Darrell-622889: ‘Single Life, Followed By Easter Joy’
- Day 17 – Rosalia-544329: ‘Amazingly, I Feel Saved’
- Day 16 – Sherry-118409: ‘My God, Why Have You Forsaken Me?’
- Day 15 – Matthew-695017: ‘Lent Is Not A Dark & Gloomy Time’
- Day 14 – Dawn-58330: ‘I Want To Have Faith Like A Child’
- Day 13 – Dan-595920: ‘I Always Find Excuses’
- Day 12 – Annette-639693: ‘In The Quiet I Hear God’s Voice Clearly’
- Day 11 – Ron-40989: ‘Remember We Are Purifying Our Love’
- Day 10 – Linda-504414: ‘God Might Be Trying To Teach Us Something Vital’
- Day 9 – Andy-246798: ‘I’m Happy To Take A Break From Dating Women’
- Day 8 – Marci-365801: ‘I’m Worried I Have Drifted Off Course’
- Day 7 – Tina-401203: ‘Waiting For Our Lives To Begin’
- Day 6 – Erik-215414: ‘No One Said This Was Going To Be Easy’
- Day 5 – Cate-291547: ‘I Felt Stuck In A Second Adolescence’
- Day 4 – Ryan-672439: ‘God Loves A Good Comeback’
- Day 3 – Theresa-630252: ‘I Think Of This As Preparation Time’
- Day 2 – Barb-505508: ‘We Have To Read Between The Lines’
- Day 1 – Richard-632838: ‘I Recognize How Much I Need God’s Grace’