Reflecting upon the change from marriage to widowhood, I can trace the evolution of the thought process that brings me to the here and now. When I recovered from the worst of my grieving period, I was eager to find another “right one,” so I set out on this venture, which included joining CatholicMatch.
Now I feel no sense of urgency. How did this come about?
As time marched on, I became involved in more activities – some family, some social, and others that are Church or charity oriented. With increasing interest and involvement in these activities, I’ve discovered a sense of fulfillment – in a different way, of course.
Lent is an opportune time to work with the Church and charitable groups even more intensely, focusing upon some of the Beatitudes and God’s greatest commandments.
Being single I can offer more time in the service of our fellow man. It’s a way to fulfill my present calling, and I regard serving as a privilege.
Being of service can easily be done here on CatholicMatch. Daily, we see CatholicMatch members facing challenges. How helpful we can be to reach out with a friendly, encouraging word or prayer to bring them comfort.
I regard Lent as a time of joy.
It’s a strong reminder of why our Lord put us here and the good that we can do by sacrificing for others.
Also, despite the sufferings of Jesus, miracles took place – the Eucharist was instituted, and the prophecy of the Resurrection was fulfilled. How can we not be thankful for what we have been given? How can we not show it? It’s our calling!
Reflection question: Are you a joyful Catholic?
Read more Lenten reflections written by CatholicMatch members:
- Day 30 – Paula-176068: ‘Maybe We can Still Put God First’
- Day 29 – Nancy-550313: ‘I Need Lots Of Prayer & Encouragement’
- Day 28 – Steven-408478: ‘The Depths Of My Sins Were Forgiven’
- Day 27 – Nathalie-529528: ‘For Once I See Single Life As A Blessing’
- Day 26 – Craig-88457: ‘One Of Those Moments That Lasts Lifetime’
- Day 25 – Angela-394784: ‘Keep Doing What You’re Doing’
- Day 24 – Elizabeth-521570: ‘Pleading With God: Why Am I Still Single?’
- Day 23 – Dan-139782: ‘I’m Rolling With The Dating Disappointments’
- Day 22 – Judith-575655: ‘Dating Seems Like Its Own Form Of Penance’
- Day 21 – Jaime-361203: ‘I Want To Seek First The Kingdom Of God’
- Day 20 – Diane-173836: ‘Single Life Is Not A Barren Spiritual Desert’
- Day 19 – Michelle-629774: ‘Let Us Fast From Comparisons’
- Day 18 – Darrell-622889: ‘Single Life, Followed By Easter Joy’
- Day 17 – Rosalia-544329: ‘Amazingly, I Feel Saved’
- Day 16 – Sherry-118409: ‘My God, Why Have You Forsaken Me?’
- Day 15 – Matthew-695017: ‘Lent Is Not A Dark & Gloomy Time’
- Day 14 – Dawn-58330: ‘I Want To Have Faith Like A Child’
- Day 13 – Dan-595920: ‘I Always Find Excuses’
- Day 12 – Annette-639693: ‘In The Quiet I Hear God’s Voice Clearly’
- Day 11 – Ron-40989: ‘Remember We Are Purifying Our Love’
- Day 10 – Linda-504414: ‘God Might Be Trying To Teach Us Something Vital’
- Day 9 – Andy-246798: ‘I’m Happy To Take A Break From Dating Women’
- Day 8 – Marci-365801: ‘I’m Worried I Have Drifted Off Course’
- Day 7 – Tina-401203: ‘Waiting For Our Lives To Begin’
- Day 6 – Erik-215414: ‘No One Said This Was Going To Be Easy’
- Day 5 – Cate-291547: ‘I Felt Stuck In A Second Adolescence’
- Day 4 – Ryan-672439: ‘God Loves A Good Comeback’
- Day 3 – Theresa-630252: ‘I Think Of This As Preparation Time’
- Day 2 – Barb-505508: ‘We Have To Read Between The Lines’
- Day 1 – Richard-632838: ‘I Recognize How Much I Need God’s Grace’